School Year Programming 2020-2021
To support our members who are distance learning, the Club will be open from 7:15 AM – 2:00 PM each weekday for Club members ages 8 – 18 for our Education Support Program. Enrollment is limited, and priority will be given to existing Club members. To enroll your child(ren) in this program, please complete the Club membership form and return it to our membership. This program will include a morning snack and lunch. Members are invited and encouraged to stay at the Club for our After School program as well. To enroll, please complete a membership registration form.
Please visit our Facebook page or Home Page for extended hours and/or closure information. Note that we follow the Lowell Public Schools schedule with regards to closures due to weather, and will follow their lead in regards to COVID-19 regulations. New member orientation takes place via Zoom, and must be attended prior to enrolling at the Club. Please contact the front desk to set up an orientation session.
The Club is now accepting membership applications for our afterschool program for the 2020/2021 school year. Changes to programming due to State and CDC recommendations may occur. Below is some key information regarding this year’s enrollment:
- Registration is available on a first-come, first-served basis and space is limited. Please call the Club to check on availability for all programs. Parents can pick up and drop off application forms at the Club Monday-Friday between 10 am and 2 pm.
- Our Afterschool program will open at 2:00 PM each weekday, and close at 5:30 PM. Dinner will be served each day at 4:00 PM.
- Enrollment is first come, first served. All additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
- Virtual programming is free. In-person services cost $30 for the full school year of programming (including Educational Support Programming for teens).
- Please note there an updated policy on busing from Lowell Public Schools to the Boys & Girls Club – click here to view the bus policy.
- Click here to read the Club’s COVID-19 safety procedures.
The following forms must be completed prior to enrollment:
- Click here to download our Membership Application.
- Click here to download our Parent Handbook.
- Click here for the Parent Handbook Addendum
- Click here for the Participation Waiver
- Click here for the school year Letter to Parents from the Club
- Click here for the Scholarship Form
Membership applications can be picked up and dropped off at the Club Monday – Friday 10:00 am – 2:00 pm (unless otherwise stated)
In order to enroll in the Club, you must be between the ages of 8 and 18. All potential members must attend new member orientation prior to enrolling at the Club. Orientation is held via Zoom and sessions can be scheduled by calling the front desk at (978) 458-4526.
The membership fee for the school year is $30. No child is turned away due to inability to pay; scholarships are offered to children who could not otherwise afford the membership fee. Contact the office to discuss scholarship or payment plan options at 978-458-4526.
Please note that the membership fee is non-refundable after the first day of after school or summer programming.
For those young people who can’t join us in person each day at the Club, we’ve created the Virtual Club, where members will be able to access Club activities, groups sessions, and resources from the comfort of their home. Virtual Club members must have a waiver completed acknowledging that they can participate in online activities. Click here to sign up and learn more. For more information, please call (978) 458-4526 or email email@example.com.
- To have fun!
- Please keep personal belongings in a safe space. The Club is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property.
- Respect your fellow Club members, Staff and be kind to one another.
- Club members that need to make a phone call must ask permission from a staff member.
- Members must wait inside the Club for rides.
- Additional expectations and guidelines will be provided during orientation
Open Door Policy:
The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell maintains an Open Door Policy. It is the responsibility of the Parent/ Guardian to set and enforce their expectations regarding how and when their child/teen may leave the club. The Club is not a licensed child care center and cannot be responsible for the supervision of children beyond closing time. Parents/ Guardians are responsible for their children/teen’s transportation to and from the Club.
Note: At this time, we will not be allowing any late pick-ups due to regulations with the COVID-19 crisis. Parents will be charged a $25 late pick-up fee if they pick up their child(ren) after 6:00 pm. Members will not be allowed to return to the Club until the fee is paid.
***Until further notice, we will not be allowing outside visitors or guests into the Club without an appointment. Parents may call ahead to pick-up or drop-off membership forms or payments, but must wear a mask at all times, and may not linger in our waiting area. We appreciate your understanding with these changes.***
In order to provide a safe environment for all members, parents and visitors are required to check in at the front desk when picking up their child. Parents and visitors must remain in the waiting area during afternoon pick up.
The Club is implementing the Raptor Visitor Management System in order to ensure a safe Club environment for our members, staff, and volunteers at all times. Please click here to access the Club’s Raptor Guidance Manual and learn more about this new safety system and how it impacts parents and visitors.
Thank you for choosing the Boys & Girls of Greater Lowell, where great futures start here! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Membership Desk at:
Phone: 978-458-4526 Ext 22